Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Justice Richard Goldstone

Bill Moyers's interview with Justice Richard Goldstone.

The video (part I) is just over 21 minutes long. It's a two parter, and part II is available by link at the top of the page and by link just below part I.

At the beginning of the video, when Moyers is talking about all the things Goldstone has done, I thought of Etgar Keret's story "Good Intentions." I don't know any more about Justice Goldstone than is presented in the interview, but just the notion of a person spending all those years trying to find a way to even come remotely close to finding justice for such a number of atrocities makes me wonder how much weight he feels.

This is really a great interview. If you've got the time you should at least watch part of the interview.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the interview, Virginia. I went to the site and read the full transcript. The fact that the American congress voted to refuse to accept the Goldstone report is criminal -- and the best way to encourage terrorism against our country.

    ReplyDelete